Sunday, June 24, 2007

Maybe because I am a fool......


Scenes from OB (upper) and Bajaj Bajuri (lower)




in the course of the Indonesian television history, as far as I remember, there are only two Indonesian sitcoms that can make me as dumb as a couch potato. They are OB (Office Boy) and Bajaj Bajuri. Bajaj Bajuri, unfortunately, are no longer on any stations to be watched, the TV station which aired the sitcom cut off the programme with no distict reasons, but OB is still aired regularly in the late afternoon on weekdays.
If you ask me why do I like those coms, I don't think I have the right answer for you since up to now I still search for the most logical answer for it. Are they so funny that I pay special attention to them? Not necessarily! if we speak about the term 'funny', the ones of Srimulat or Extravaganza can also make me crack up as well as those two coms can. But those Srimulat or even something that is considered higher like Extravaganza have fed me up, while those two coms are still much of an entertaining horseplay.
What about their acts? So far I admit that they do it more than just good, but their act is not the best I have seen even though in the Indonesian scope! And the characters therein are inconsistent sometimes. Take a look at Oneng, Oneng is depicted as a woman with a double digit IQ, so foolish that she cannot digest the simplest information that is fed to her. But at times, Oneng is doing better than an average uneducated does! In some occasions, I found that Oneng spoke English (a foreign language) better than a newby does, with a good grammar though with an impaired pronunciation. Also Sascha in OB, she is supposed to be a forgetful girl with an inferior intelligence, yet in some occasions, her memory is surprisingly photographic!
Then why do I like them?? The best answer I can get is maybe because the scenes in both coms are very dynamic, it means the scenes are never trapped in a dragging dialogue! That's as close as the best answer I can get. Or maybe because I am a fool to like those coms! As foolish as the reason of why I wrote this posting with this topic!

(Written by: Yari NK)

No comments: